Calling all 128 Qatar Airways destination airports – an invitation to see your new Doha hub partner
The Middle East hub experience is now a vital competitive element influencing consumer airline choice among the MEB3 (Middle East Big 3 = Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways). Airports on the Qatar Airways global network now have a chance to see Doha’s new Hamad International Airport and acquire vital ‘product knowledge’ ahead if its opening, something which is particularly important to airports looking to maximise the route performance (and retention) of the increasing number of new Qatar Airways services linking 128 airports to the rest of the world through Doha.
The chance to see the new 590,000 square metre, 30 million passenger-capacity building is a privilege reserved for those coming to ACI Airport Exchange in November (where H.E. Akbar Al Baker, CEO Qatar Airways and Doha International Airport, will also give a keynote address).
There are seven specialist delegate tours offered exclusively to delegates to this event:
- General HIA Tour: A journey to experience the sprawling 590,000+ square-metre passenger terminal complex.
- Technology Tour: This tour will cover the maintenance management centre, automatic cargo material handling system, aircraft maintenance hangar, central utility plants, airport tunnels and fire life safety systems.
- Security Tour: Featuring a presentation of HIA’s landside security philosophy, and including the Access Control System (ACS) and Visual Surveillance System (VSS), departures screening, as well as other processes including Immigration, Customs and arrivals.
- Baggage Handling Tour: HIA’s baggage handling system will have the capacity to electronically sort and deliver up to 5,000 originating bags per hour and 13,500 transfer bags per hour.
- Retail and Passenger Experience Tour: Spread across 28,000+ square metres HIA’s retail and F&B offering aims to take airport shopping and dining to a whole new level.
- Operations – Airside Tour: Among the highlights of this tour is a visit to the highly advanced 85m-tall Air Traffic Control (ATC) centre as well as the Airport Operations Control Centre, Emergency Operations Centre, Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Services. The tour also includes a viewing of the Taxiway system and the East Runway, part of HIA’s dual Runway system designed to accommodate an incredible 100 aircraft per hour.
- Operations – Landside Tour: As a world class airport, HIA’s Passenger Terminal Complex will incorporate a highly efficient transportation system offering convenient inter-city access to and from the airport by car, bus, taxi or metro.