Got a Qatar Airways route? Then improve your product knowledge – tour Hamad International Airport before it opens
Know your route: Middle East hub experience is now a vital competitive element influencing airline choice for both business and leisure passengers.
If you are one of the lucky 128 airports which now have a Qatar Airways service, then you really need to improve your product knowledge of your route’s proposition by viewing Doha’s new Hamad International Airport. The Middle East hub experience is now a vital competitive element influencing airline choice for both business and leisure passengers when choosing between the Middle East Big 3 (MEB3) – the airlines of Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways.
Qatar is the latest MEB3 hub to join the mega investment club with the new $10+ billion, new Hamad International Airport set to open in 2014, after which your Qatar routes are expected to perform even better when your passengers start enjoying 28,000 square metres of luxury shopping (among other sumptuous amenities).
Airports on the Qatar Airways network have a privileged opportunity to preview what the new Hamad International Airport is all about by joining one of a series of unique, specialist tours of this phenomenal building at ACI Airport Exchange in November, an event where H.E. Akbar Al Baker, CEO of both Qatar Airways and Doha International Airport, will also give a keynote address and briefing.
Qatar Airways opens Chengdu – its sixth destination in China. Airports on the Qatar Airways network have a critical chance to enhance their understanding of their route’s competitiveness with a privileged preview of Doha’s new Hamad International Airport at ACI Airport Exchange in November.
There are seven specialist delegate tours
offered exclusively to delegates to this event:
- General HIA Tour: A journey to experience the sprawling 590,000+ square-metre passenger terminal complex.
- Retail and Passenger Experience Tour: Spread across 28,000+ square metres HIA’s retail and F&B offering aims to take airport shopping and dining to a whole new level.
- Technology Tour: This tour will cover the maintenance management centre, automatic cargo material handling system, aircraft maintenance hangar, central utility plants, airport tunnels and fire life safety systems.
- Security Tour: Featuring a presentation of HIA’s landside security philosophy, and including the Access Control System (ACS) and Visual Surveillance System (VSS), departures screening, as well as other processes including Immigration, Customs and arrivals./li>
- Baggage Handling Tour: HIA’s baggage handling system will have the capacity to electronically sort and deliver up to 5,000 originating bags per hour and 13,500 transfer bags per hour.
- Operations – Airside Tour: Among the highlights of this tour is a visit to the highly advanced 85m-tall Air Traffic Control (ATC) centre as well as the Airport Operations Control Centre, Emergency Operations Centre, Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Services. The tour also includes a viewing of the Taxiway system and the East Runway, part of HIA’s dual Runway system designed to accommodate an incredible 100 aircraft per hour.
- Operations – Landside Tour: As a world class airport, HIA’s Passenger Terminal Complex will incorporate a highly efficient transportation system offering convenient inter-city access to and from the airport by car, bus, taxi or metro.
Qatar Airways has announced that Miami will be its sixth US destination beginning June 10, 2014. The airline will offer non-stop flights four-times per week from Doha’s shiny-new Hamad International Airport.