Runway 3.0 announced! Enter “the race to find the fastest airline in the world”, Budapest Airport Runway 13R-31L, 5 September 2015
Merry Christmas. Now focus on the main event of 2015: The air transport industry’s annual “Race to Find The Fastest Airline In The World” will take place at 11.00 on Saturday 5 September 2015 on Budapest Airport’s 13R-31L when runners from airlines, airports and enterprises across the aviation community once again compete for a series of anna.aero-Budapest Airport “Golden Cake Trophies” including the key team prize of the “The Fastest Airline in the World.”
Aer Lingus is the airline to beat
There are two race distances – 10km (four runway lengths) and 5km (a distance favoured by sofa-loving revenue management executives). Aer Lingus is the airline to beat after it swept to victory this year, winning both the top team prize as well fielding the fastest runner, Robert Murphy, an Aer Lingus Fleet Cost Manager, who led from the start to beat all other 609 competitors and take the prize of “Fastest Aviator” in a blistering 10k time of 34.16.
All entry fees – just €30 – are donated to cancer charities, and other child-focussed good causes and every finisher receives “The Bron’s Medal” named for Brontë “Bron” Hogan, the anna.aero publisher’s 12-year-old daughter, who passed away in 2011 after a five-year battle with leukaemia.
The anna.aero-Budapest Airport “Golden Cake Trophies” are awarded for:
- Fastest male/female
- Fastest Airline Team: “The Fastest Airline in the World”
- Fastest Airline CEO: male/female
- Fastest Airport CEO: male/female
- Fastest Airport Team: “The Fastest Airport in the World”
- Media: “Fastest Aviation Media Team”
- Concessionaires: “Fastest Airport Concessionaire Team”
- Enterprises: “Fastest Aviation Enterprises Team”
- Military: “Fastest Military Aviator Prize”
- Finisher’s Medal: The Bron’s Medal (plus souvenir technical shirt, and gift bag for every entrant)