Runway Run accommodation partners confirmed: make a weekend of it in beautiful Budapest!
The choice of weekend accommodation for this year’s Budapest Airport-anna.aero Runway Run (a race sponsored by Airbus and Qatar Airways!) has now been confirmed. A selection of four star airport hotels starting at just €72, through to downtown luxury hotels with panoramic views of the Danube, have all been made available to registered runners with up to 20% discounts. Here’s a few of the hotels available:
All Budapest Airport-anna.aero Runway Run entry fees – just €50 – are entirely donated to international child cancer causes and a Hungarian charity assisting the inclusiveness of handicapped people in sports. Besides 10 air transport industry trophies every finisher receives “The Bron’s Medal” named for Brontë “Bron” Hogan, the anna.aero publisher’s 12-year-old daughter, who passed away in 2011 after a five-year battle with leukaemia.
The anna.aero-Budapest Airport “Golden Cake Trophies” are awarded for:
- Fastest male/female
- Fastest Airline Team: “The Fastest Airline in the World”
- Fastest Airline CEO: male/female
- Fastest Airport CEO: male/female
- Fastest Airport Team: “The Fastest Airport in the World”
- Media: “Fastest Media Team”
- Concessionaires: “Fastest Airport Concessionaire Team”
- Enterprises: “Fastest Aviation Enterprises Team”
- Military: “Fastest Military Aviator Prize”
- Civilian: “Fastest Passenger”
- Finisher’s Medal: The Bron’s Medal (plus souvenir technical shirt, and gift bag for every entrant