Expanding Air Arabia to speak at anna.aero/ACI Abu Dhabi network planning conference
In the past week the expansive Middle East low cost carrier Air Arabia has launched two new routes to Eastern Europe with a three-weekly to Moscow Domodedovo and a weekly service to Kharkiv, the Ukraine’s second-largest city and a host of the EURO 2012 football championships next summer. Enterprising airports desiring to become an Air Arabia destination must come along and listen to the airline’s Group Head of Network Planning and Revenue Management, Harish Moideen Kutty, who is speaking at anna.aero’s Network Planning Conference “Maximising Your Airport’s Case For Securing New Air Services” which is being jointly staged with ACI EUROPE and ACI Asia Pacific, and hosted by Abu Dhabi Airports Company, November 28-30 2011.
Air Arabia’s new services to Kharkiv comes as indirect competition to the Middle East’s other big LCC, flydubai, which also serves the Ukrainian city. Arjun Singh, flydubai’s Head of Network Planning & Scheduling is also expected to take part alongside Kutty in a discussion chaired by the editor of anna.aero, Ralph Anker.
The expanding line-up of speakers includes the following senior network planners:
- Sentil Balan, Air Asia X Head of Route Planning and Regulatory Affairs (A keynote presentation on “How Big Can Low Cost Long-haul Grow?)
- Morten Loej, Senior Planning Manager, Gulf Air
- Harish Moideen Kutty, Group Head of Network Planning and Revenue Management, Air Arabia
- Sam Sridharan, Chief Commercial Officer, Spicejet
- Emanuel Hovorka, Director Route Management and Alliances, CSA Czech Airlines
- Arjun Singh, Head of Network Planning and Scheduling, flydubai (tbc)
- Peter Wiesner, Senior Vice President-Network Management, Bangkok Airways
- Michael McTighe, Chief Operating Officer, Safi Airways
- Hossein Hosseini, Director of Marketing, Mahan Air
- Rajendran Vellapalath, VP Corporate Strategy and Planning at RAK Airways
The Network Planning Conference comes inclusive the ACI Airport Exchange package of a major airport exhibition (43 exhibitors booked so far) and FIVE other conferences including the following essential presentations also open to the Network Planner Conference delegates:
- Kevin Knight, Chief Officer of Strategy and planning, Etihad Airways
- Jim Bennett, CEO, ADAC
- Kosaburo Morinaka, President & CEO, Narita International Airport Corporation, Japan & Second Vice President, ACI Asia-Pacific
- A further keynote presentation from Dr Temel Kotil, CEO Turkish Airlines.
The regular attendance of Airport Exchange is circa 1,500. To register and review the programme go here.