After-run party and BBQ announced for the Airbus-sponsored anna.aero-Budapest Airport Runway Run; registration closes 24 August
The Airbus-sponsored anna.aero-Budapest Airport Runway Run, the world’s greatest must-be-at aviation sporting and charity event, has now announced a fantastic after-run party and barbecue. Hosted by Budapest Airport, the post-run celebrations will immediately follow the prize-giving ceremony, itself taking place in the former departures lounge. Moving on to the terrace of the historic Terminal 1 Race Headquarters, the organisers will be firing up the BBQs with a backdrop view of the re-opened runway runners will have recently competed on.
This is your last call to sign-up and take part in the 10km distance (four runway lengths), although there is a less arduous 5km race on Budapest Airport’s Runway at 1100 on Saturday 5 September 2015. Runners can take part on an individual basis, or form teams of three or more (only the fastest three runners’ times count towards the team times).
All Airbus-sponsored anna.aero-Budapest Airport Runway Run entry fees – just €50 – are entirely donated to international child cancer causes and a Hungarian charity assisting the inclusiveness of handicapped people in sports. Besides nine air transport industry trophies every finisher receives “The Bron’s Medal” named for Brontë “Bron” Hogan, the anna.aero publisher’s 12-year-old daughter, who passed away in 2011 after a five-year battle with leukaemia.
The anna.aero-Budapest Airport “Golden Cake Trophies” are awarded for:
- Fastest male/female
- Fastest Airline Team: “The Fastest Airline in the World”
- Fastest Airline CEO: male/female
- Fastest Airport CEO: male/female
- Fastest Airport Team: “The Fastest Airport in the World”
- Media: “Fastest Aviation Media Team”
- Concessionaires: “Fastest Airport Concessionaire Team”
- Enterprises: “Fastest Aviation Enterprises Team”
- Military: “Fastest Military Aviator Prize”
- Finisher’s Medal: The Bron’s Medal (plus souvenir technical shirt, and gift bag for every entrant)