Vueling to offer Easter flight boost from Milan Bergamo following successful festive operation
Having operated a successful flight program over the festive period, Milan Bergamo has confirmed that European low-cost carrier Vueling is to return to the airport over the Easter break, offering 14 return ad-hoc flights between the airport and Barcelona between Friday 12 April and Sunday 5 May. The result of Vueling’s decision to serve Milan Bergamo during this period means that it will offer close to 5,200 two-way seats on the route to the capital of Catalonia. Flights will be operated by the airline’s fleet of A320s.
“It is great to see Vueling return to the airport this Easter after having operated a series of seven successful flights over the festive period,” comments Giacomo Cattaneo, Director of Commercial Aviation, SACBO. “Barcelona is one of Milan Bergamo’s most popular routes, with 369,000 passengers travelling between the two airports in 2018. With that, it is great to see that Vueling can see that there is still more opportunity to be had on this pivotal airport pair.” Adding further comment, Cattaneo states: “Vueling is the fourth largest airline in Italy’s aviation market, so it is a further boost to the nation’s third largest airport that its passengers can now fly to Barcelona with one of Italy’s most popular airlines using these ad-hoc services over the course of the Easter break.”
Spain is Milan Bergamo’s largest international market, with the airport offering direct flights to 14 year-round destinations, including Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Santiago de Compostela, Seville, Valencia, Vitoria and Zaragoza, along with Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Tenerife South in the Canary Islands. Routes to Ibiza, Menorca and Santander are also operated from Milan Bergamo during the summer.
Presently operating a fleet of 118 aircraft, Vueling – part of the IAG Group – is the largest airline based at Barcelona, carrying over 19.21 million passengers to/from the city in 2018, up 11.9% versus 2017. “Vueling is in a big expansion drive from Barcelona, so we are very happy that the airline is looking for the second time to Milan Bergamo for further opportunities as it continues to grow its operations from the Spanish gateway,” adds Cattaneo.
MIlan Bergamo Airport’s confirmed route developments for 2019 so far include:
- Laudamotion, nine times weekly service to Stuttgart, 27 February;
- Air Cairo, twice-weekly service to Sharm el Sheikh, 31 March;
- Laudamotion, twice-weekly service to Düsseldorf, 31 March;
- Blue Panorama Airlines, four times weekly service to Reggio Calabria, 1 April;
- Ryanair, daily service to Sofia, 1 April;
- Ryanair, twice-weekly service to Zadar, 1 April;
- Ryanair, four times weekly service to London Southend, 3 April;
- TAROM, twice-weekly service to Oradea, 4 April;
- Ryanair, weekly service to Kalamata, 7 May;
- Ryanait, twice-weekly service to Heraklion, 2 June;
- TUIfly Belgium, twice-weekly service to Casablanca, 8 June;
- Ryanair, weekly service to Zakynthos, 7 June;
- Blue Panorama Airlines, weekly service to Preveza, 17 July;
- Alitalia, 28 weekly flights from Rome Fiumicino, 26 July;
- Blue Panorama Airlines, twice-weekly service to Kefalonia, 29 July.
About PPS Publications and B2B Public Relations
PPS Publications, the owners of anna.aero, provide continuous B2B PR support in international transport media throughout the year. We plan, create and deliver communication strategies with our expertise in air transport and substantial creative/media resources. With PPS’ broad capabilities in media, our clients benefit from our full in-house editorial, creative, and e-commerce skills. As well as drawing from the knowledge of our highly experienced anna.aero analysts, our PR clients gain added exposure through our excellent relationships with editors and journalists working within the air transport sector worldwide. For more information on our services, follow this link.
For more information:
Jonathan Ford, Account Manager, Aviation Development PR
PPS Publications, Media & Events
(44) 1293 783851 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerry Parks, Account Manager, Aviation Development PR
PPS Publications, Media & Events
(44) 1293 783851 or Kerry@pps-publications.com