Air Asia Japan Nagoya Chubu to Sendai
The crew celebrates with traditional attire to mark the launch of AirAsia Japan’s direct flights between Nagoya Chubu and Sendai. The Japanese subsidiary of the famous low cost carrier operates a 180-seat Airbus A320 on the route, which is also served by ANA All Nippon Airways and IBEX Airlines.
- Air Asia Japan on 08 August launched double-daily flights between Nagoya Chubu (NGO) and Sendai (SDJ). According to OAG Schedules Analyser, the 517-kilometre domestic flight will be operated seasonally until 26 October. All Nippon Airways and IBEX Airlines – a Japanese regional carrier codesharing with ANA – also serve the route five times daily and twice-daily respectively.
Delta Air Lines Santa Barbara to Salt Lake City
A striking cake marks the launch of Delta’s new flight to Santa Barbara. At the launch was Cathy Murillo, Mayor of Santa Barbara: “It’s exciting that Delta has recognised Santa Barbara for the growing travel market that it is… Not only do tourists visit us in growing numbers, but our residents can’t wait to seize on the business opportunities created by easy and affordable air service to the Midwest and beyond.”
- Delta Air Lines on 12 August commenced three times daily operations between Salt Lake City (SLC) and Santa Barbara (SBA). The 988-kilometre route will be operated year-round using a 70-seat Embraer 175. Scott Santoro, VP Los Angeles and West Sales at Delta, commented: “In 2019, we’ve created more value for customers throughout the LA Basin with new service from Burbank, LAX and Ontario, and now we’re expanding to one of the largest unserved West Coast markets in our network with new service from Santa Barbara.”
The rest of this week’s new routes (A – Z by airline)
Vistara has connected Mumbai and Singapore Changi with a daily service, utilising a B738 aircraft to cover the international route.
- Vistara on 06 August connected Mumbai (BOM) and Singapore Changi (SIN) with a daily service. The route will be operated by a B738 and will cover a 3,919-kilometre sector. According to OAG Schedules Analyser, Vistara will not be the sole operator with this route, as direct competition comes from Singapore Airlines with 18 weekly flights and Air India with seven weekly flights.
Jetstar Pacific commenced direct operations between Da Nang and Kaohsiung. In order to increase comfort and new experiences for travellers, Jetstar Pacific flight attendants have for the first time introduced dance performances to showcase the flight safety demonstration through music.
- Jetstar Pacific commenced direct operations between Da Nang (DAD) and Kaohsiung (KHH) on 10 August. The thrice-weekly service will be operated by the carrier’s A320 fleet to cover the 1,466-kilometre sector distance. No other carrier presently operates this route.
An impressive cake marks the launch of Southwest Airlines’ new service between Tampa, FL and Richmond, VA. According to OAG Schedules Analyser, the 1,165-kilometre flights will be operated on Saturdays and Sundays using a 143-seat Boeing 737-700.
- Southwest Airlines this week commenced services between Tampa International (TPA) and Richmond, VA (RIC) on 10 August. The twice-weekly flight will be operated year-round on Saturdays and Sundays, with no other carrier currently operating on the route. “We’re delighted to celebrate new nonstop service between Tampa and Richmond on Southwest Airlines,” TPA Executive Vice President of Marketing Chris Minner said. “Our 23-year relationship with Southwest continues to grow and serve our passengers with nearly 40 nonstop destinations to some of the best cities in the country, now including the beautiful capital of Virginia.”