Cornwall Airport Newquay secures Loganair and four routes
Loganair will begin services from Newquay to Aberdeen (1 April), Newcastle (1 April), Norwich (3 April) and Glasgow (22 May). Glasgow and Norwich will be summer-seasonal at up to three- and four-weekly respectively. For the first time, Aberdeen and Newcastle will be year-round, both at four-weekly and up to daily in peak summer. Aberdeen will mainly operate via Newcastle, but it will be non-stop on Saturdays – when it becomes the longest non-stop service in the UK mainland. Loganair’s new Norwich service will see East Anglia reconnected to Cornwall for the first time since 2013, negating the need for a long overland journey.
Commenting on the announcement, Al Titterington, Managing Director at Cornwall Airport Newquay said: “We welcome Loganair as our newest airline partner at Cornwall Airport Newquay, expanding choice for residents and businesses within our catchment and further enhancing options to fulfil the ever growing inbound tourism demand. Offering more airline choice and more year-round destinations is key to our strategy and we are delighted that this latest announcement offers both of these.”
Also commenting on the new services, Jonathan Hinkles, Loganair’s Managing Director, said: “We’re excited to be working with Cornwall Airport Newquay and have been working for some time to develop these routes at just the right level. With more and more people holidaying in the UK, avoiding expensive Euro exchange rates or enjoying a staycation with friends and family, we’re confident that the routes will do well.”
Notes for editors
- Cornwall Airport Newquay welcomed more than 461,000 passengers in 2018.
- Cornwall Airport Newquay was the fastest growing UK airport outside of London in 2017.
- Cornwall Airport Newquay offers year-round flights to: Alicante with Ryanair; London Heathrow, London Southend and Manchester with Flybe; Dublin with Aer Lingus; and Isles of Scilly with Skybus. As well as offering direct connectivity to these key cities, the routes offer connectivity to destinations across the UK, Europe and worldwide.
- Cornwall Airport Limited (CAL) is 100% owned by CORSERV which is a wholly owned company of Cornwall Council. CAL is the operator of Cornwall Airport Newquay.
Additional regional and international routes operate during the summer season, including:
- Flybe – Belfast City, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Birmingham, Doncaster Sheffield, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Jersey, Guernsey and Liverpool;
- Aer Lingus Regional – Cork;
- Eurowings – Düsseldorf and Stuttgart;
- Ryanair – Faro
- SAS – Copenhagen
Cornwall Airport Newquay’s recent route development
- Flybe four times daily to London Heathrow, launched 31 March 2019;
- Flybe five times weekly to London Southend, launched 1 April 2019;
- Blue Islands three times weekly service to Jersey and Guernsey, commencing 3 June 2019.
- SAS twice-weekly to Copenhagen, commencing 21 June 2019.