Routes reports big response to TakeOff Cargo event
Routes is launching a brand-new virtual event to support stakeholders involved in the development of air cargo transportation. Taking place on 20-21 July 2021, TakeOff Cargo will unite cargo airlines, freight forwarders, integrators, and airports to identify opportunities, generate new business and add additional frequencies into the market.
Offering meetings, networking, and insight into changing dynamics and disruptors, the event has already generated significant interest from the world’s leading cargo airlines. Carriers that have confirmed their attendance include Emirates SkyCargo, Etihad Cargo, Saudia Cargo, LATAM Cargo Chile, Southwest Cargo, SriLankan Airlines Cargo, and Astral Aviation.
TakeOff Cargo builds on Routes’ work to support the global aviation route development industry over the past 25 years through events and digital platforms.
“We are delighted to be announcing our brand-new event – TakeOff Cargo,” says Steven Small, Director, Routes. “Many of our long-standing industry partners have highlighted how cargo-diversified revenue streams have helped them to withstand some of the financial pressures driven by the COVID-19 pandemic on passenger traffic. Given the ongoing travel restrictions, the first TakeOff Cargo will be virtual, but we are already looking at locations for an in-person event next year.”
Routes Americas: speaker line-up confirmed
Meanwhile, Routes Americas takes place next month (Orlando, 23-25 June), marking a much-anticipated return of face-to-face networking.
Routes has confirmed a stellar conference programme, combining live and online elements in a hybrid platform designed to ensure a “vital virtual Routes experience” for those who still can’t travel.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Steven Small, Director of Events, Routes
- Peter Cerdá, Regional Vice President, The Americas, IATA
- Matthew Cornelius, Executive Vice President, Airports Council International (ACI) – North America
- Vicki Jaramillo, Senior Director Marketing & Air Service Development, Orlando International Airport
- Barry Biffle, President & CEO, Frontier Airlines
- Ted Christie, President & CEO, Spirit Airlines
- Roger Dow, President & CEO, U.S. Travel Association
- Stephanie Wear, Director of Air Service Development and Cargo Services, Philadelphia International Airport
- Andrea Lusso, Vice President, Network Planning, JetBlue Airways
- John Kirby, Vice President, Network Planning, Spirit Airlines