Loganair launches winter 2022/23 schedule
Loganair has launched its winter schedule for the 2022/23 season, with over 70 routes throughout the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.
The Glasgow-based airline celebrated its 60th anniversary in February 2022, and now serves more UK airports than every other airline combined. Highlights of the winter schedule include:
- Introduction of larger 72-seat ATR72-600s on key routes to and from the Isle of Man and Aberdeen.
- New routes launching in summer 2022 – Edinburgh to City of Derry, Aberdeen to Oslo, and Aberdeen-Teesside-Southampton – continue throughout the winter season.
- More flights on UK regional routes including Edinburgh-Cardiff and Aberdeen-Manchester-Newquay, with up to six weekly flights on each route.
- Extra weekend services on key UK domestic routes from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle to Southampton.
- Christmas and New Year flights on seasonal routes including Inverness-Dublin, Teesside-Dublin and Newcastle-Newquay together with more Christmas flights on busy routes to the Scottish Islands and to City of Derry.
- Extra flights in late January 2023 for Shetland’s renowned UpHellyAa Viking fire festival, which is taking place in Lerwick for the first time in three years.
- Loganair’s growing network of services into Norway will continue through next winter with routes from Newcastle and Edinburgh to Bergen and Stavanger being joined by the new Aberdeen-Oslo service.
“The scale of our winter 2022/23 schedule reflects both our growing confidence in the recovery of air travel after the pandemic and the range of services that our customers have now come to expect of us,” said Kay Ryan, Chief Commercial Officer, Loganair. “The launch of our schedule – over eight months ahead – also enables customers to plan and book Loganair flights to connect to worldwide itineraries offered by our growing range of airline partners.”
In addition to the significant expansion of its partnership with British Airways announced earlier this month, Loganair has added new interline arrangements with Singapore Airlines, Finnair and Ethiopian Airlines in recent weeks. These new partnerships complement existing Loganair relationships with major airlines including Emirates, Etihad, KLM, Qatar Airways and United Airlines.